Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

Goodwill Everywhere

A few days out from my first blogging deadline. My usual study is taken over by spare beds for visitors, so I am back on the kitchen table. At least it's warm here in the sun.

I've been working on a piece about becoming a successful writer. The key message appears to be that it's hard work. Certainly it takes perseverance.

Navigating distractions is the first step. Yesterday these included the TV (football was on, of course), making a cup of tea (Canberra's cold weather is designed for it), and the dog (surely he doesn't need to go out again). This morning it's the prospect of a school shuttle since the resident teenager has missed the bus. Perhaps I should go to the gym on the way back......

Despite these distractions, my first post is progressing well, thanks to the generosity of the people who have agreed to be interviewed at short notice. I'm also amazed by the level of support and goodwill from the ACT Writers Centre whose warm office last Friday was a welcome respite from winter.

More on the blog journey soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment